I have been so busy lately that I have not had time to post to my blog. I have rolls of film to scan, but for now, that will have to wait because I am in the middle of another quilt project.
I’m not sure I will ever do another quilt made with triangles. Until I discovered spray starch/sizing this quilt was going to be the death of me. I had to attach 12 printed triangles to 12 plain ones and by the time I’d get the row finished they’d be all wonky. I measured and re-measured before I cut. I pressed each triangle without steam, but I knew there had to be a better way. Hurray for the internet. I googled “making quilts with triangles” and discovered two important tips: use the spray and clip the upper-most tip off the triangle.
Voila! It worked. I did go through a whole can of the spray starch but who cares. The quilt went together beautifully and is now ready to head to the floor where I will spend hours basting the layers together before I can start the hand-quilting process. During all this I also hope to get my film scanned and post those photos.
Have a nice weekend everyone.