I made brownies today. I like mine on the cakey side and this recipe was delicious. I got it from an old Betty Crocker Cookbook, the same old cookbook where I get my sugar cookies that I make for every major holiday. Since I am house-bound with dog sitting this week I have the baking bug. So here goes:
Yummy chocolate brownies
- 2/3 cup butter
- 5 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 3/4 cup fine sugar ( I like the fine sugar because it bakes without leaving a grainy texture)
- 2 t. vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat the oven to 350′. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch square pan with shortening. In a saucepan, melt the butter and the chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly. Take off the stove and let cool while preparing the other ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, beat the sugar, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on high-speed for 5 minutes(very important). beat in the chocolate on low-speed. Beat in the flour until blended. Stir in the walnuts. Spread in the pan.
- Bake 40 -45 minutes or until brownies start to pull from the sides. Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours(are you kidding?) You may frost with a Chocolate Buttercream Frosting, but I choose to have mine plain, warm and with a glass of milk.